Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. we finally meet the most important person in our lives right now: Dr. Azakie, who is slated to perform our baby's surgeries.

It's pretty strange to be finally meeting him after having spent most of the last few weeks reading so much about his career, asking other doctors about his reputation, and talking to the parents of many of his other patients. It's even more odd considering that we both work at UCSF and that his office is not too far away from my lab. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, one of my co-workers, who also reads this blog, walked into lab and told me "I think I just rode up in the elevator with your surgeon!" She read his name off his ID badge and it sounded familiar, but it took her a couple of minutes to realize where she knew the name from. She said he was tall (a piece of data that was corroborated by Jen Campodonica yesterday), and "seemed nice" (I guess he was chatting with someone in the elevator). So yeah, basically I've been stalking this guy for three weeks, and now we get to meet him! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment