Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A few minor developments

Finally heard back from two of the three people I was waiting to hear from this morning.

OB office: my blood tests indicate that I am not currently infected with CMV or toxoplasmosis. They had run these tests because our 20-week ultrasound had showed some "bright spots" in the baby's bowel in addition to the spot in the left ventricle. I guess the fact that the tests came back negative doesn't necessarily mean that those bright spots aren't some other sort of problem, but I guess this is good news. I asked a couple of the doctors I've talked to if they thought that the bowel spots could be related to the heart problems, and they all said they didn't know of any reason why they would be.

Surgeon's office: we finally have a consult set up for August 13th! It's at 7:30 in the morning, which is fine for me, but I haven't broken the news to Iggy yet. He is, to put it mildly, not a morning person.

Still waiting to hear back from the docs down at Stanford about our echocardiogram (hopefully they were sent the correct one this time), but that's not really urgent anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment