Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No news is good news?

I wanted to post something because so many people have taken the time to ask after me in the past week or two, but I don't really have anything new to say. We'll be 29 weeks along tomorrow, and while I haven't noticed any signs of going into labor, the signs I had before were only detectable by ultrasound, so I guess that doesn't mean much!

Our next ultrasound is scheduled for this Friday, the 25th, and they're doing a full scan again this time to check the baby's growth as well as measuring my cervix, but we probably won't have the results until our next OB appointment, which is next Monday, the 28th. That Monday is also our one-year wedding anniversary, which is unfortunate timing because I've been stressing out that if we get bad news, it's going to be extra painful to hear it on what is supposed to be a happy day, but it's tough to coordinate the scheduling with radiology and the OB office, and that's what we were able to get. However, if we have good news, that'll be something extra to celebrate.

Overall, I've been feeling fine, other than the typical third-trimester ailments of fatigue and swollen fingers and feet. We made it down to Southern California this weekend for our friends' wedding, and I'm still going to work every day. I need to take some new belly pictures, because I am suddenly huge and last week had someone (a stranger) look incredulous when I told her my due date was still more than 2 months away. "You look like you're ready now!" she said. Thanks, lady! It didn't really bother me, though, because we need this baby to be as big as possible. From the outside, it looks like he's achieving that goal!

1 comment:

  1. I've got my fingers crossed for you, here's to good news and celebrations on monday!

    ReplyDelete