Friday, March 5, 2010

Still moving slowly

When I got to the hospital around 6 a.m., they had started the spontaneous breathing trial and he was doing fine, but then the attending physician showed up and I guess she was mad because they had started the trial without her being here. So, even though he was doing fine, they turned the vent back on. They just turned it down again a little while ago, but it's still on, just at a lower setting. Magnus is sleeping and seems pretty comfortable, so I'm just sitting here catching up on some work and waiting, waiting, waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Seems like three-quarters of your problems in the hospital are caused by the staff - Either they promise things they don't deliver or in this case, someone seems to be on a power trip! Don't they realize what it's like for the parents and loved ones? I'm ready to fly there and yell at a few people. You seem to be way more patient than I am, so I guess it's a good thing that you're there and I'm 3,000 miles away! I know Magnus has the best of care, but they sure seem to set up expectations that they frequently don't follow through on! Got my fingers crossed that things move along more quickly today. Much love!

    ReplyDelete