Saturday, March 13, 2010

Waiting to hear

Magnus had a good day and a good night. He's been off oxygen and on all oral meds and looks good. The nurse practitioner came by yesterday to check him out and said that she thought that was the first day he looked like he had turned a corner.

They sent me over to the pharmacy last night to pick up all his discharge medications, because the special pharmacy we have to go to is closed on the weekends.

So basically, everything so far looks good, and it all comes down to his final bloodwork. They took the sample around 6:30 a.m. (this time it took FOUR sticks to get a sample) and they say it takes about an hour for the results, but there's usually a little lag, so I'm hoping to know maybe around 8?

I hope we can get out of here in a timely fashion, then. Even though the hospital operates 24-7, things happen more slowly on the weekends and at night, so I'm bracing myself for some frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment