I had a pretty rocky day yesterday between the preeclampsia, the nasty drugs they were giving me for the preeclampsia and having hardly slept in 3 days. But last night, I manged to get a fairly good night's sleep, they pulled out all my IVs just after midnight, and I'm feeling like myself again.
I just now got back from talking to Magnus's cardiologist and surgeon about surgical options. They said that basically they thought he was a good candidate for either surgery, but that given their strong track record with the Norwood, they thought that was the more conservative option. That's been my feeling, too. We don't have to decide until the last minute, but I feel pretty sure we're going to go the Norwood route. I think I mentioned the other day that Magnus's surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, and that is still the case.
4 months ago