Monday, November 30, 2009

No food today

We had hoped that Magnus might finally get to eat today, but apparently they are still a little worried about his lactate levels. I don't fully understand the details of what that means and I lack the energy to look it up, but basically, they want to make totally sure that the circulation to his gut is good enough for him to handle food before they try feeding him.

However, on the positive side, his oxygen saturations are looking much better today than they did yesterday. They were OK yesterday, but he had a couple of fussy spells where they dropped way low into scary territory. He had a couple crying jags again this morning, but this time his sats stayed in a good range. On a related note, I think we can safely stop worrying now about any serious damage to his vocal chords!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the no feeding thing, but very happy to hear that he is using his vocal chords. I think that is a very good sign and in my uneducated opinion, I think that should bode well for eating tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete